At first, I freaked out with the thought of T-R-A-V-E-L-L-I-N-G. Yes, you read it correct. Not that I do not love travelling but you know when you are a mother of two toddlers, it isn’t that easy pleasy. But, it was summers and it was our family time. All I needed was a little preparation – the rest was sorted. So, I went ahead documented the ultimate travel checklist for mommies (with of course KIDS). Read on.
• Tooth brushes and Tooth Pastes for you and the children;
• Soaps and Shampoos – include yours and for the children;
• Ointments, deodorants and sun blocks – again for yourself and baby friendly ones;
• Sanitary Napkins (if you feel you are near those dates!);
• Laundry soap or detergents;
• Towels and napkins – carry a few extras;
• Comfortable as well as stylish clothes – to flaunt and look beautiful in all the selfies;
• Sun glasses, hats and caps (if you don’t want it to be hijacked carry for your child too) ;
• Check for any specific weather requirement depending on the place you are going to. For example carry winter clothes or raincoats depending upon if the place is cold or rainy;
• First aids – include pain killers, motion sickness pills, stomach upset pills, band aids, soframacin (consult your paediatrician for the essential list for kids);
• Socks and Shoes – Apart from the stylish ones of all heel sizes, do carry your sneakers as well as slippers. Same goes for your child;
• Swimming costumes, swimming caps. If your child uses floaters and other swimming accessories, add that too;
• Gym clothes if you are fitness enthusiastic;
• Mobile chargers, portable chargers and all tech gadgets that you are used to;
• Bluetooth speakers if you want to add music and dance.
• Small blanket(s) – comes handy for the kids;
• Your child’s favourite snacks and juices – healthy and a little unhealthy too. The Pickwicks, candies, chips, fruit cakes in a moderate amount will do wonders during child’s not so pleasant moods;
• If you are travelling with a toddler, milk tetra packs, bananas and finger foods;
• For toddlers – Diapers, diapers and more diapers!
• Extra disposable bags and newspapers;
• Hand sanitizer;
• Wet wipes (lots of them!);
• Extra bottles and nipples, cleaning brush and cleaning liquid if you have a bottle fed baby;
• Crayons, Pencils and Notepads or a few work books;
• Extra foldable bags
• Do not forget to check your tickets, passports, one or two photographs and identity cards;
• Check on the reservations and it is good to re-confirm all of them;
Last but not least, don’t forget to carry your smile and just RELAX and ENJOY!
You may also like:
Anisha Bajaj, a passionate mother of two, runs a children’s book library in Mumbai. Having pursued BBA, CFA and MS(Finance), she has worked with top MNCs in the past. However, motherhood opened up a new world of books to her. She is on a mission to spread the joy of learning from books with fellow moms and to encourage kids to spend lesser time on gadgets and screens. She has also made story contributions to a children book called ” My hopscotch journey- A Pari’s Tale”. Recently she has joined the editorial team for a monthly children magazine called BeyondClassrooms”.