10 Powerful Quotes By ‘Iron Lady of India’, Indira Gandhi
Here is a list of 10 powerful quotes by the first woman prime minister of India :-
- “You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.”
- I am not a person to be pressured – by anybody or any nation
- My father was a statesman, I am a political woman. My father was a saint. I am not.
- “Winning or losing of the election is less important than strengthening the country.”
- “If I die a violent death, as some fear and a few are plotting, I know that the violence will be in the thought and the action of the assassins, not in my dying.”
- “Have a bias toward action – let’s see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.”
- “All the people who fought for freedom were my heroes. I mean, that was the sort of story I liked reading freedom struggles and so on.”
- “The power to question is the basis of all human progress.”
- “Martyrdom does not end something, it only a beginning.”
- “Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood will contribute to the growth of this nation and to make it strong and dynamic.