Homemade Hair Masks For Monsoon
Who doesn’t like the cozy, breezy monsoon weather that comes to cool down and rejuvenate mother earth, after a long hot summer season? While you might be longing to enjoy a hot chai or a coffee on a rainy day, it can be really challenging for your scalp and hair to cope with the seasonal change. Monsoons can make your hair greasy and frizzy, which eventually leads to scalp infections and hair fall. But you can prevent these monsoon hair problems just by using some natural ingredients in your kitchen. Here we bring you 5 DIY homemade hair masks to maintain your scalp and hair health in the monsoon season.
1. Hair Mask To Treat Oily Dandruff And Itchiness During Monsoon
- Take 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and add 2-3 spoons of fresh lemon juice to it.
- Also, add 2-3 spoons of methi (fenugreek) powder, and 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply the paste thoroughly to your scalp and hair.
- Put on a shower cap and wait for half an hour.
- Later, wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Do this once a week to keep oily dandruff and itchiness in the scalp at the bay.
2. Hair Mask To Prevent Greasy Hair During Rains
- Mix raw honey and apple cider vinegar in equal quantities.
- Dilute the mixture with water until it has an applicable consistency.
- Now, apply this mixture to your dull and greasy hair from the roots to the tips.
- After 15 minutes, wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this twice a week to keep your hair non-greasy and healthy during monsoons.
3. Hair Mask To Deal With Frizzy Hair In A Rainy Day
- Take 1 ripe avocado pulp in a cup.
- Mash it well and add 1/2 cup of fresh coconut milk and 1-2 spoons of olive oil to it.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply it to your frizzy hair.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse the hair mask using a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat it twice a week to save your hair from monsoon frizziness.
4. Hair Mask To Arrest Monsoon Hair Fall
- Prepare a fine paste by adding the required amount of coconut oil into 1/2 cup of amla powder.
- Empty 1 vitamin E capsule into the paste.
- Apply this paste as a hair mask and wash it off with a mild shampoo after half an hour.
- Repeat it twice or thrice a week to nourish your hair deeply and combat monsoon hair fall by strengthening the roots.
5. Hair Mask To Prevent Scalp Infections In Rainy Seasons
- Soak 4-5 spoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- The next morning, put the soaked fenugreek seeds and a bunch of washed neem leaves into a blender to prepare a fine paste.
- You can also add a few spoons of buttermilk to attain smooth consistency.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair thoroughly and wash it off with normal water after one hour.
- Repeat this at least once a week to protect your scalp from infections during monsoon.
The Last Word
Prepare and protect your hair this monsoon by applying the above-mentioned DIY hair masks regularly. Also, incorporate a natural, Ayurvedic hair care regimen that most suits your hair type to promote its healthy growth, regardless of the season.