Hyderabad Police issues 14 point advisory for women safety
Commissioner of Police Anjani Kumar on Sunday shared an advisory to be followed by women of the city to ensure their safety. The steps have been initiated in the aftermath of the brutal murder of a woman veterinary doctor in the city on November 28.
Here are the points mentioned by the Hyderabad CP in his advisory for women safety
- While travelling a woman should tell her family or close relative/friend where she is going and when she will be back. Share the last location if possible.
- If travelling by taxi or auto, share the picture of the number plate and contact details (it will be at the backside of the auto driver seat; for taxi ID card will be available).
- Get to know about the route if going to an unfamiliar place.
- Always wait in crowded and illuminated areas and not in isolated places.
- Never hesitate to give a signal to police patrol cars or blue colt police motorcycles in the area for help. They are for your safety and security.
- If there is no person visible around, you should walk to the nearest shop, a commercial unit and stand very close to it, so moving traffic can easily observe you.
- Always be ready to dial 100.
- Download hawk-eye and put the location services on at all times.
- In suspicious circumstances, please ask for help from passengers.
- If there are no passengers, act like you are talking to your relative on the phone who is a police official. Share all the details of place and vehicles and people around you, this will scare them.
- Be confident and talk loud when confronted. Shout for help if the situation requires.
- If you are in a helpless situation, please shout and run towards a crowded area.
- Together we work to prevent crimes. Inform local police about local bad hats.
- In case you want to send some pictures for verification you can send on WhatsApp at 9490616555.
News Source: ANI