5 Less Than Obvious Benefits of Using Castor Oil for Healthy Skin and Hair
One might think of this practice just for a 90-year-old grandmother and think that she is the only one who uses castor oil for hair in her self-care regime. But someday everything old and vintage – including this concept- becomes modern and comes back in trend. So, many skincare and haircare routines shift to adjust to this new trend. They include pale yellow oil as a treatment for softer skin, healthier hair, and beautiful nails.
This oil has many nutrients that help treat various skin care and hair care issues. But first, let’s go through some of its advantages. This oil has been an old and trusted remedy for hair and skin-related concerns. It’s a medicine for smooth skin and gorgeous hair.
Nutrients found in castor’s oil
Castor oil includes Vitamin E, proteins, and Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, essential for healthy hair and skin. It helps control hair loss, prevents early graying, treats scalp disorders, and accelerates hair growth.
It answers all of your skin’s problems, including hyperpigmentation, acne, and aging. It is also renowned for its antibacterial properties and various medical advantages. Since this oil contains a high percentage of fatty acids, it helps provide deep moisturization and nourishment to the skin cells.
Note: Start using a pimple remove cream (also known as pimple removal cream) to eliminate skin blemishes like acne and pimples. We recommend you try Mamaearth’s Tea Tree Spot Gel Face Cream with Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid For Acne and Pimples. It features Tea Tree Oil, Licorice Extracts, and Salicylic Acid that work on active acne and reduce them without causing any irritation.
5 Benefits of using castor oil for healthy hair and skin:
Before we examine the advantages of using this oil for hair and skin, let’s look at how it’s processed. It offers important vitamins and minerals for hair growth and healthy skin and is backed by antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.
This oil contains Ricinoleic acid, a humectant that attracts moisture from the environment and maintains hair hydrated, glossy, healthy, and skin shining. Though there are far more advantages to using this oil for hair than for skin, we’ll let you know how it benefits you in every aspect.
1. Helps clear acne- Most skincare products remove your skin’s natural oils. When your skin is deprived of its natural oil, it adjusts by creating extra oil and thus results in oily, irritated skin that causes acne.
Applying castor oil to the face provides vital fatty acids that help restore the skin’s natural moisture level. It’s also possible to apply it overnight and wash it off the next day. One may also use steam to open the pores and help in the absorption of oil by the skin. So you can rest assured of the oil’s efficacy in whatever way you apply it.
2. Helps control hair fall and promote hair growth- It prevents hair loss and speeds up hair regeneration. The oil contains the greatest long-chain carbonic acid concentration among all hair oils. These naturally-found constituents can boost the hair volume by speeding up the hair growth cycle.
Ricinoleic acid, a fatty acid, is another essential element present in this oil. The Prostaglandin E2 receptor is stimulated by this fatty acid, which dilates the blood capillaries in the scalp, boosting oxygen and blood circulation to the hair follicles. Ricinoleic acid also fights irritation, which improves scalp condition and, as a result, hair growth.
3. Provides deep moisturization to the skin and hair follicles- This oil works wonders as a moisturizer. Applying castor’s oil to hair and skin provides necessary amino acids, proteins, vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants that provide nutrition.
Its Vitamin E-rich formula stimulates the scalp and hair by mending hair follicles and promoting better hair growth. It also helps retain adequate moisture and oil produced by the body in the hair strands and the skin. You should mix this oil with olive or coconut oil and apply it to your scalp to reduce itchiness
4. Scalp Infections and Dandruff are treated with this product- This oil is a sure-fire approach to ensure that your scalp is healthier and clean. Sadly, we cannot properly care for our scalp due to our hectic lifestyles. This oil contains fatty acids that help open the cuticles and remove dirt like dandruff, preventing healthy hair growth. This oil helps suppress and stop the spread of various bacterial and fungal illnesses that may wreak havoc on your scalp.
5. Helps treat wrinkles- Another piece of advice is that this oil works wonders for wrinkle treatment. It moisturizes and increases collagen formation, softening and hydrating the skin. Its regular application helps rejuvenate and nourish the skin cells. We recommend applying a drop of this oil to the wrinkled parts of your skin and keeping it on overnight.
Using castor oil for the skin:
It hydrates and soothes dry skin. This oil aids in the treatment of rough, uneven skin. If you have a scaly underfoot, especially during the winter, use this oil with powdered camphor, which would help thoroughly exfoliate the skin cells and remove irritants. You may use castor oil once a week, especially for individuals with very dry skin or hair.
However, no therapy should be done more than once a week. It is also good for people who suffer from Atopic Dermatitis, a skin condition. This oil can be applied to the entire body to maintain its nourishment. In addition, it also functions as a natural moisturizing agent, storing moisture in the skin and protecting it from pollution and hot weather, especially during the winter months.
Applying cold-pressed castor oil on your hair shaft is recommended since it provides the most nutritional advantages. This oil should be mixed with other oils. Pure castor oil in excess can make your hair oily and clog your pores. A good skincare line can help you get the skin you’ve always wanted. As a result, we recommend Mamaearth’s Cold-Pressed Castor Oil for faster hair regrowth.
We recommend buying from this brand because it manufactures toxin-free and chemical-free items. In addition, Mamaearth is a plastic-free brand that believes in sustainability and inspires people to make better, more environmentally responsible decisions. You may note that Mamaearth is Asia’s first Made Safe-certified brand that offers a wide range of FDA- and PETA-approved skincare and hair care products in India.