7 Ways To Earn From YouTube: Not With a Million Subscribers, But With Creativity
Luckily, we’re living in a world that thrives in a knowledge-driven economy where anyone who delivers genuine value can carve out a cosy livelihood. All you need is a camera, content, and internet! (And voila, you have your launchpad to money-making ready!) YouTube being one of the ways you can earn your living, let’s uncover how you can be financially successful (even if you don’t have a million subscribers). Let’s dive in:
1. YouTube Ads
This way of earning money through YT might come across as obvious, but many people don’t realise that for YouTube Ads you don’t need a million subscribers. All you need is decent engagement and a targeted audience.
YouTubers can earn revenue through Google AdSense by displaying ads before, during, or after their videos. The income isn’t fixed, but the average earnings per thousand views range from INR 225 to INR 750.
- Have at least 500 subscribers.
- Have at least 3,000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months.
- 3 million Shorts views in the last 90 days.
2. YouTube Premium Revenue
The second way for you to earn from YouTube is to get YouTube Premium subscribers who watch your content ad-free. So, the more Premium subscribers you get, the more cash you can rake in. It’s like a high-five for you and your viewers – they get an ad-free experience, and you get some extra moolah.
3. Channel Membership:
YT Premium is not the only way you can earn from a community of viewers, you can also earn from Channel Membership. The idea is that your channel subscribers can join a channel with a monthly payment, receiving member-only benefits such as emojis and stickers.
- Have more than 30,000 subscribers.
- Be a part of the YouTube Partner Program
- Sell Products and Service
You, as creators, are not just limited to creating videos for your YouTube audience you can also be the creator of goods, and even services. The opportunity lies in creating your merchandise or offering your consulting services, and advertising the same on your YT channel. Whatever it is that you’re selling, advertise it enough on your YouTube channel to see results.
- Have over 1,000 subscribers on your channel
- Eligible for monetization through the YouTube Partner Program in your region
- Isn’t categorized as “made for kids.”
5. Influencer and Affiliate Marketing
You can promote products and services in videos and earn through influencer marketing or affiliate marketing. When you team up with brands, you’ve got a golden chance to not only share awesome products and services but also make some green while you’re at it.
- May require approval from affiliate programs
- Influencer collaborations depend on your appeal to brands.
6. Crowdfunding and Fan Funding
Creators can seek financial support from subscribers and fans through recurring or project-based crowdfunding. With recurring crowdfunding, they pledge a monthly amount to support your content, making them part of your journey. Project-based crowdfunding lets you set goals for specific projects, and once achieved, your fans help bring those ideas to life. So, whether it’s upgrading equipment or creating new content, your loyal supporters can help you make it happen.
- Reside in an area where the option for individual fan funding is accessible.
- Places where channel memberships are offered.
- Regions where Super Chat and Super Stickers are accessible.
7. Licensing Your Content
You know those videos that explode and go viral? Well, media outlets, like news stations and websites, might want to use your unique creations. And guess what? They’re willing to pay you for it! This is where licensing comes in. It’s like renting out your content for them to use, and you earn money in return.
Imagine your hilarious cat video being shown on TV or your epic travel vlog featured on a news website – that’s exposure plus a paycheck! Just remember, when you license your content, you still own the rights to it, but you’re letting others use it for a fee.
- content must be original and non-repetitious
- have all the necessary rights to commercially use all visual and audio elements in your content
So, dear YouTubers, creativity and NOT millions of subscribers, is what it takes to earn money from YouTube. Focus on creating authentic content, and you will see people flocking around ready to pay for your content. Keep your creator spirit high, and see results!