Winters and Pollution: Foods to Include in Your Diet to Boost Immunity During Winters
Considering the changing season pollution, Here are a few foods u can include in your diet that can help in boosting your immunity:
- Proteins- Lean meats, dairy, nuts and tofu.
- Vitamin A (sweet potatoes, carrots, dark leafy greens, eggs, fortified milk).
- Vitamin C – Include citrus fruits, such as awla, guava, oranges and grapefruit.
- Vitamin E – wheat germ, whole-grain products, seeds and nuts.
- Zinc – lean red meat, poultry beans, nuts and fortified cereal.
- Use of Fresh turmeric, Onion and garlic due to it antifungal, anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties can ease any side effects of pollution in winters.
- Hydrate well 3-4 litres of water, avoid sugary drinks.
- Ensure to keep Mask ON while venturing out.
- You can include probiotics like curd or kanji.
For diet tips and consultation connect with Nutritionist Shilpa Mittal on Insta – instagram.com/shilpsnutrilife/